How to know you are in Ketosis without spending money on Ketostix or Meters
It is possible to know without the use of ketostix or a ketone meter that you have achieved a level of ketosis. Some of the common symptoms that you should look out for include:
- Frequent urination– As you begin to spill ketones and your body begins the process to become a fat burner, you will notice an increase in the frequency you urinate. Your urine may also have a stronger smell as your body is releasing toxins to convert from a sugar burner to a fat burner.
- Fatigue or Dizziness– Many people experience the Keto Flu which can make you feel tired and rundown or dizzy. To combat this drinks lots of water and add in extra salt. Your body is going through a sugar withdrawal and that can cause you to feel bad for several days. This causes an electrolyte imbalance and that is where the symptoms arise. This will pass.
- Bad breath– When your body is expelling toxins from your system you can develop bad breath during this phase. Use gum made with stevia to help during this time.
- Brain Fog– One common symptom of ketosis, in the beginning, is difficulty focusing. Your body has to change the way it gets energy and this shift takes effort. The symptom of brain fog does not generally last more than a week.
- Rapid weight loss Rapid weight loss can be one of the most noticeable symptoms for ketosis. But still, you need to be aware that fast weight loss during the first week is typically water. When you start a keto diet your kidneys will flush out all the fluid and that causes the higher weight loss in the first week. Unlike other low-fat diets, you will retain muscle and mostly lose fat.
You should start to see your appetite decrease and you will be on your way to getting healthy. Keep it up! The results will be worth it!
Leave a Comment