This recipe makes amazing granola that can be made into granola bars, eaten as cereal or just a snack. The great thing about granola is you can hide healthy natural foods in the mix and picky kids will not know it. I have a really picky child and he loves it. I hope you enjoy it.
You will need:
- 13 Cups of Old Fashion oatmeal (not quick cooking)
- 1 Cup of coconut (can use unsweetened)
- 2 Cups of sliced almonds or nut of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of salt- pink himalayan salt is what I use
- 1 Cup of wheat germ
- 1 Cup of oat bran
- 1 Cup of sunflower seeds- Optional
- 1/2 Cup of raw honey
- 1 1/2 Cup of Oil- You can use any oil including olive oil
- 1/2 Cup molasses
- 2/3 Cup of apple juice- can use cranberry as well
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Put your oatmeal in a large deep pan- roasting pans work very well. Cook your oatmeal in your pan for 30 minutes. Remove the oatmeal from the oven and add the other 6 dry ingredients and stir well. Heat the sauce ingredients over medium heat until well blended and sugar has become liquid. Pour the sauce mixture over the oatmeal mixture and mix well. Put back in the oven for 60 minutes, removing every 20 minutes to remix the ingredients. It is very important that you remix during the hour so that it will not clump. Remove from the oven and spread out on parchment paper to cool. Use a large air-tight container to store. Enjoy!