The cold Winter air can really take a toll on our skin!
Drugstore lotions and creams are the normal route, but how many chemicals are in those products? Check out this natural ingredient list to create your own whipped body butter for dry Winter skin!
- Measuring cups
- Glass mixing bowl
- Hand mixer or standing mixer
- Cocoa Butter
- Start by using your meseasuring cups to measure equal parts of Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Almond oil and coconut oil. Place these ingredients into a glass bow and either heat in the microwave or place in a pot of water on the stove.
- When all ingredients are liquified, remove from the stove top or microwave.
- I recommend setting out to cool for a couple of hours but to speed up the process you can place in the refrigerator. Make sure your ingredients aren’t hardened too much as it will be a bit difficult to whip them.
- Whip the ingredients until you reach a white color and smooth consistency.
- For a nice holiday scent we added a few drops of peppermint essential oil but feel free to add the scent of your choice! If you’d like a more powerful scent add a few more drops.
- Place in a small Mason Jar to gift this holiday season or save it for yourself.