Even if you don’t live near the beach, you can bring it near you with this DIY Nautical Beach Themed Wreath. Not only is it easy to make, but all the supplies come from the Dollar Tree making it an inexpensive craft project to try. Stop by your local Dollar Tree, pick up the items below, and follow our easy step-by-step tutorial!
How to Make a DIY Nautical Beach Themed Wreath
Depending on the layout of your local Dollar Tree, you’ll find these supplies between the regular craft section and the seasonal (summer) sections. You will need:
- Circle-shaped metal wreath form
- Nautical rope (6-7 packs)
- Starfish Welcome sign
- 3-pack of small white starfish
- Hot glue
1. Start by securing one end of the nautical rope with hot glue to the wreath form. Wrap the rope tightly and close together around the wreath form until it is completely covered. Apply hot glue every so often to keep the rope in place. Leave a space where you’d like the welcome sign to go to save rope.
2. Position the welcome sign on the spot where you left space and secure it with hot glue.
3. Add the small white starfish, spaced evenly apart, and secure with hot glue.
4. If necessary, create a hanger with a remaining piece of rope.
Optional: You can get creative with the smaller starfish by gluing them in other places around the wreath.
This wreath is an easy and inexpensive way to show your love for the beach while decorating for the spring and summer seasons. Hang this beauty on your door or use it to decorate a space on your wall. It can also be used to decorate for a beach-themed party. Let us know if you give this craft project a try!