You can do so much with the farmhouse theme, which is why I’d like to share a few top farmhouse Halloween-style ideas. Don’t think you have to go with the typical colors of black, orange, and purple to pull off Halloween decor. Use the ideas below to decorate for Halloween but in classic farmhouse style.
What do I need in order to decorate for Halloween farmhouse style?
Believe it or not, you don’t need to make a lot of changes to your decor. The farmhouse style boasts of neutral-style colors of white, off-white, cream, soft taupe, and grays. You will find several ideas below of how to keep this color scheme going through common Halloween decor like pumpkins, wreaths, and other indoor (or outdoor) decorations.
The biggest thing you’ll want to decide on is what part of your home you want to decorate and then you will be able to decide on specific pieces to use. Afterward, decide if you’d like to go the do-it-yourself route and make some of your decor or head to your local craft store (or online store) and purchase a few items.
Regardless of what you choose to do, most farmhouse-style Halloween decor can be reused for fall decor or put up to use again the following year.
Top Farmhouse Halloween Style Ideas
Since there are many areas of the home that can be decorated, I’ve broken these ideas into different areas for easy navigation.
Farmhouse Halloween Style Ideas for Your Front Porch
The front porch is one of the most popular places to decorate for Halloween and it’s also the best place to showcase a farmhouse-style theme. White pumpkins, straw/hay, and burlap are the go-to for decorating your front porch Halloween farmhouse style. These also pair well with black and white buffalo check, chalkboard, and wood grain style decor.
Below are a few front porch styles to check out:
- Neutral Halloween Front Porch (Simply Beautiful by Angela)
- Front Porch Tour (Twelve on Main)
- Black and White Vintage (Craft Critters)
- Reclaimed Wood Farmhouse Porch (Infarrantly Creative)
- Lanterns & Twigs (Decor Pad)
Farmhouse Halloween Style Ideas for a Mantel
If you have a mantel in your home, it can be the perfect location to show off your love for the farmhouse theme, especially for Halloween. Because most mantels don’t offer a lot of space, you don’t want to overcrowd it. The ideas below will give you inspiration for how to make the most of your mantel space this Halloween season:
- Simple Neutral Mantel (The Crazy Craft Lady)
- Chalkboard & Cotton (Life on Shandy Lane)
- Ladders & Baskets (Bentley Blonde)
- Green & White Pumpkins with Bats (Crazy Wonderful)
- Banner & Buffalo Check (Decor and the Dog)
Farmhouse Halloween Decor Ideas for the Wall
If you have some wall space and would like to put up some farmhouse-style Halloween decor, these ideas will come in handy. For some you won’t need much space at all and for others you can actually utilize what you may already have going on:
- Wooden Trick or Treat and BOO Wall Signs (I Dream of Homemaking)
- Cobwebs (Kirsten Diane)
- Flying Bats on a Wall (SBK Living)
- Chalkboard Sign Idea (Sisters Suitcase Blog)
- Blowup BOO Letters with Bat Garland (Hayley Sheldon)
Farmhouse Halloween Decor for the Dining Room
Show off your love for the Halloween season by adding a few decor touches to your dining room area. You can add a simple touch to the table or go all out with some of these ideas below:
- Tin Tier for Centerpiece (OG Farmhouse Dream)
- Farmhouse Tray Decorations (Sugar Milk Co)
- Basket and Beads Countertop Decor (Melissa Septien)
- Full Kitchen Decor Idea (Pinterest)
- Coffee Bar Decor Idea (Luvs 2 Decorate)
These top farmhouse Halloween style ideas are sure to inspire you to decorate in a fun and creative way this fall season. If you are looking for some easy and affordable Halloween decoration ideas, click here. And if the do-it-yourself method isn’t your thing, shop my fall and Halloween signs here.
I’m excited to know your thoughts about the ideas mentioned above and which one(s) you are most thrilled to try. Let me know in the comments below and in the meantime, happy Halloween crafting and decorating!