Before you toss your wreath to the side this season, check out how to easily turn a summer wreath in a fall wreath in three easy steps. And since you already have the main parts in tow, you only need a few extra supplies, all of which can be purchased at the Dollar Store!
How to Easily Turn a Summer Wreath into a Fall Wreath
Before: Nautical Beach Themed Wreath
This wreath is the perfect way to show off your love for the summer and all things beach related. It uses minimal supplies and took just minutes to assemble together. But now that summer is officially coming to an end, it’s also the perfect wreath to refurbish into a beautiful fall wreath arrangement.
If you are using a different type of summer wreath, you can accomplish the same look. You may just need to purchase a couple of extra supplies depending on what you are working with. Overall, the best wreaths for this project are ones that use a circle wire wreath form and nautical rope.
In addition to the circle wire wreath form and nautical rope (these do not need to be taken apart), you’ll need:
- Fall flowers of your choice
- 4-pack of inspirational words (or other words of your choice)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Scissors (if needed)
Again, you can purchase all of this from the Dollar Store for less than $5!
After: Beautiful Dollar Store Fall Wreath Upscale
Once you have all of your supplies, follow these simple directions to turn a summer wreath into a fall wreath.
1. Carefully remove the summer embellishments from your wreath. This can be done by gently pulling them off or using a sharp exacto knife. Scissors may work as well. Just be careful to not cut the nautical rope too much.
2. Remove the fall flowers from their stems. They should pop off fairly easy.
3. Begin arranging the flowers onto the nautical roped wreath form in a way that appeals to you. Complete your wreath by securing the flowers with hot glue. Position the word(s) where you’d like them and secure them with hot glue as well.
Now you have a beautiful fall wreath! Easy peasy, right! This is an upscale wreath hack that can save you lots of money season after season.
The fall season is one of the most beautiful (in most humble opinion). With the leaves changing colors and the temperatures being a bit more respectful, it’s truly one of my favorite seasons of the year. There’s just something about the warm colors, pumpkin spice, and everything nice!
Looking for more fall decor ideas? Check out my latest posts here: